Since our beginning in 2014, The Education Foundation of Brown Deer has provided over $213,000 in grants and gifts to the Brown Deer School District to enhance educational opportunities for our students.
In 2020, we provided $32,233 in grants and gifts in the following areas:
|College & Career Readiness||$ 8,687|
|Science, Math & Technical Education||9,281|
|Total Educational Opportunity Grants||$32,233|
Our 2020 grants were used to enhance educational opportunities for students in a variety of areas across our three schools:
- A monthly book for every 4K student to promote early childhood literacy and bolster home libraries
- Programmable robotic equipment to enhance learning opportunities in Elementary and Middle School computer coding classes
- Specialized equipment for the Design and Digital Photography classes
- Assistance in the acquisition of a motorcycle that was built by High School students in conjunction with the BUILD program, a non-profit educational organization teaching valuable technical and interpersonal skills
- Positive incentives for use by the Middle School Positive Behavioral Interventions and Support Team in support of character education
- Literacy coaching tools for use by Elementary School teachers in Reader's Workshops
- Support for student educational trips to Discovery World, Great America (8th grade science students), Germany, and the American Society for Biochemistry and Molecular Biology Conference
- Speech-to-Text headphones for students with limited keyboarding skills
- Training of mentors for the African-American Male Initiative Leaders-in-Training Program at Concordia University
- Books for distribution to students in the Summer Literacy Program
Thank you to our many generous donors!
You may contribute to the Grant Program on our "Make A Gift" page.
If you wish to designate a gift to support a particular program or educational initiative, please contact us.
If you are a United Way donor, you can support us by specifying Donor ID #1195.